"The Launch event was the most inspiring CPD I have taken part in, certainly since becoming a teacher. I think my school was quite taken aback by how enthused and excited I was by the future following the event." Craig Lilleyman, Rosetta Primary School
What is Getting Ahead London?
Getting Ahead London is a Challenge Partners programme funded by the Greater London Authority (GLA) that is now in its fourth year. The aim is to provide aspiring London headteachers with the skills, experience, networks and knowledge to take the step up to headship.
The support offered as part of the programme includes:
- Coaching from highly experienced London heads to help participants fulfil their leadership potential
- Help to navigate existing leadership opportunities
- Face to face leadership development and networking events with worl-class businesses
- Online tools and resources to support your development.
- Support with applying for jobs and preparing for interviews.
Who is it for?
Getting Ahead London is for senior school leaders in London. The programme is currently only open to London senior leaders and costs £500 to take part.
How will impact be measured?
Throughout the pilot year, 2016-17, we commissioned an external evaluation and conducted a thorough formative evaluation. The full report is available here.
Find out more and get involved
To take part in the programme you must:
- be a senior leader in a school in London
- committ to attending 10 days or half days of events and coaching throughout the year
- agree to pay a £500 contribution towards this GLA funded programme
The deadline for applications is 9am on Friday 28th June and the application form can be found here.
Getting Ahead London - Middle Leader pilot.
This year we are piloting a middle leader strand of the Getting Ahead London programme, to support aspirant middle leaders in London schools to reach senior leadership.