The following information is correct as of 17th March 2020, 8.30am
Following the latest guidance to avoid unnecessary travel and minimise social contact, we are suspending all face-to-face activities across our network. This includes:
- In-person QAR consultancy (though virtual consultancy is still available for any school wishing to take it up)
- Hub meetings and events (though you may wish to meet virtually for mutual support and local planning)
- Leadership Development Days
- Growing the Top visit days
- Jubilee Networks meetings
- Getting Ahead London coaching visits
These are strange and unsettling times, and the ask of you as leaders and teachers is huge. I was struck in many conversations I had yesterday by the incredible resolve you are showing to do your best by your children and young people, staff and families. With budgets stretched and increasing numbers of staff unable to work, the challenge is enormous. Yet those I spoke to were focused on meeting the most fundamental of human needs - particularly for your most vulnerable learners and families:
- Food so those with little don't go hungry
- Safeguarding for those where home is not always a safe place
- Childcare so that medical staff can keep doing their critical jobs
- Love and support for all
I have nothing but admiration for you all (always, but especially now), and we stand ready to support you in any way we can. Do keep talking to us, and feel free to contact me directly if you think we can help.
For our part, we are collaborating with other national organisations to think about how collectively we can support all the great leaders and teachers in our sector. I'll keep you updated as those plans develop.