Join us for inspiring speakers, networking and excellent practice on Thursday 22 April from 9am to 2pm. The agenda is now finalised and we are sharing it here so you have plenty of time to plan your virtual day.
As you will see there are six workshops with practitioners sharing excellent and innovative practice around wellbeing, leadership, SEND, staff retention and more. We have masterclasses too from the Behavioral Insights Team, and barrister and author Hashi Mohamed. The beauty is that all of these are being recorded so you can catch-up on the ones you can’t attend on the day.
We also have inspiring keynotes including former Education Secretary and Equalities Minister, and long-time social mobility champion, the Rt Hon Justine Greening. And we’ll hear from award-winning poet Lemn Sissay MBE, who will talk about the importance of creative expression and bring the voice of some of the most disadvantaged youngsters to the fore, from his own life and work leading a charity for children in care.
There will also be unrivalled opportunities for networking as well as interaction with our speakers, so come ready to collaborate and learn with peers and experts from across the country.
National Conference, Thursday 22 April 2021. Theme: Better Futures: Equity, Innovation and Courageous Leadership
- 9.00: Welcome from Dr Kate Chhatwal OBE
- 9.20: Sir Jon Coles, our chair
- 9.40: Lemn Sissay MBE speech and Q&A
- 10.40: Networking
- 11.00: Break and opportunity to talk to our Trustees or join a QAR clinic
- 11.25: Masterclass and sharing leading practice sessions* (see below)
- Recruitment and retention - Appointing the right teachers and talent spotting - Kate Frood, Eleanor Palmer Primary
- High performance - Providing stretch and challenge - Mulberry School for Girls
- SEND - Embedding independent thinking skills - Barbara Priestman Academy
- Masterclass: Lal Chadeesingh, Senior Advisor, Behavioural Insights Team
- 12.10: Masterclass and sharing leading practice sessions*
- Wellbeing - Supporting personal development and wellbeing for students - Varndean School
- Children’s Zones - Developing a cradle to career model: what role for schools - Ed Vainker OBE, CEO, Reach Foundation
- Middle Leadership - Transforming leadership through strong purpose and expectations - Sherwell Valley Primary School
- Masterclass: Adventures in Social Mobility Hashi Mohammed, Barrister and Broadcaster
- 12.55: Networking
- 13.10: Rt Hon Justine Greening
- 13:50: Wrap up by Dame Sue John
*All sessions are cross-phase
Please book your ticket for our online National Conference 2021 here
We look forward to seeing you there.